Most people have their experience with a car accident at some point in their lives. They’re not fun and can put a dent in your bank account. With that being said, your preparation is key when it comes to dealing with collisions.
The most important step in dealing with collisions is to have insurance. This can save a lot of pain and agony in the long term because no matter how careful of a driver you are, the other driver may not be as good. The next most important thing is dealing with damages that result from a collision.
Most accidents render a vehicle a total loss; however, in cases where the vehicle is still salvageable. If you take proper steps to finding a quality auto body repair company, you could bring your vehicle’s post-accident value within range of blue book level values. A collision expert will usually identify both apparent and hidden damage caused by an accident. Most collision repairs include the following types of services:
Auto dent repair and removal
PDR (paintless dent repair)
Glass repair and replacement
Quality parts replacement
Many auto body repair companies ensure high quality standards and offer warranties on the paint job, replacement parts, and body of the vehicle. Typically, the collision repair process goes as follows:
1) Contact your insurance company to report the accident.
2) The insurance company will have an appraiser examine the vehicle to determine if the vehicle is salvageable and what needs to be repaired.
3) You can then choose an auto body shop and obtain estimates for the work that needs to be done.
4) Upon approval from the insurer, set an appointment time.
5) Check the vehicle in with the auto body shop and acquire a rental car for the duration of the work project (or make other arrangements); repair times vary.
6) Your car typically will be detailed if this is included in the repair process and be returned to you upon completion. Your insurer will be billed and any uncovered expenses will need to be paid out of pocket.
If you are in need of collision repair, please call us at 574-288-CARS (2277). We offer price match guarantee and can get parts within 24 hours. We are proud to serve the communities of South Bend, IN, Mishawaka, IN, Elkhart, IN, Goshen, IN, Granger, IN, and Niles, MI.